Joined: 27 Aug 2005
|Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 17:11 Post subject: vvvv - a multipurpose toolkit
|vvvv is a toolkit for real time video synthesis and physical devices. It is designed to facilitate the handling of large media environments with physical interfaces, real-time motion graphics, audio and video that can interact with many users simultaneously.
vvvv is focussed on the following requirements:
* Runtime graphical programming and easy prototyping
* Effortless handling of a multitude of objects (Spreads)
* High-Speed, High-Quality, High-Resolution DirectX9.0 based rendering
* Sophisticated objects for high level animation and problem solving
* Controlling hardware devices
* Support for clustering of standard PCs to create seamless multi-projection or multi screen setups
Example of patch :
For more information you can read vvvv propaganda : http://vvvv.meso.net/tiki-index.php?page=Propaganda
vvvv is great for DirectX 3D graphics rendering, and had many inputs and outputs for physical device, network, astronomy, etc... which can be easily linked with EyesWeb.
Read this for more information about it :
HowTo Use vvvv with EyesWeb
Meso.net has release a new beta the 1th of September that you can download here : http://vvvv.meso.net/tiki-index.php?page=beta9
( vvvv work only on Windows )
Don't forget to download the example patch (girlpower.zip) to have a quick look of what vvvv can do.
To use vvvv you must have a middle click on your mouse. Because the context menu that is used as the main interface is trigger by the middle click.
You can read more documentation here : http://vvvv.meso.net/tiki-index.php?page=Documentation