Open Sound Control
From EyesWeb wiki
OSC or Open Sound Control is an open, message-based protocol which was originally developed for communication between computers and sythesizers. Open Sound Control is much more flexible and faster than MIDI.
the adress pattern is a string beginning with a slash ( / ) it is used to differ between various OSC messages.
- example: "/rect"
an argument is the actual content of an OSC message. It can be an integer, float or string. An OSC message can hold multiple arguments.
Blocks for OSC communication:
or how to communicate to other programs via OSC
- First go to the Webpage of Ben Chun and download Flosc: http://www.benchun.net/flosc/
- Go to Java.com and update your Java enviroment.
- Unzip and copy all files to a folder at C: root and call it flosc
- Make a new textfile and insert
java -classpath . Gateway 9999 3000
- Rename this textfile to myFloscServer.bat
- Start the batch
- If you have an error like: noclassdeffounderror than your folder is not named correct. Should be c:\flosc
- Start the example Flashfile flosc-0.3.1.swf
- You will get a warning and asked to open the properties. Open this.
- A Macromedia webpage will open and gives you the properties. Go to global security.
- Click edit and concate flosc to it. See image.
- Start the Osc-Eyeswebsample (Eyw4)
- And you should get contact now
A good documentation of flosc is also at: http://transmote.com/flosc/